Noodles with Poached Ginger Chicken and Coriander-Lime Pesto
This is another one of Simon’s efforts which is light and fragrant and scumptious! He found the pesto recipe in a Donna Hay article. It also contains his favourite flavours which are coriander and lime. The chicken is lightly poached and very moist and the noodles only take minutes to prepare.
Pesto freezes very well or can be stored in the fridge covered with a fine layer of oil for a few days.
- 1 long green chilli, chopped
- ½ cup cashew nuts, toasted
- 4 cups coriander leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g rice noodles, cooked
Ginger poached Chicken Breasts:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 two inch piece of fresh ginger sliced
- 6 whole spring onions, trimmed
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Place the chilli, cashews, coriander, garlic, lime juice, sugar and olive oil in the bowl of a small food processor
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and process to form a coarse paste.
- In the meantime, place the chicken breasts in a small pot and cover with the chicken stock.
- Place the spring onions and the ginger in with the chicken and gently bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Plunge the rice noodles into boiling water for about 20 seconds to soften
- Place the pesto in a bowl with the noodles and toss to combine
- Cut the chicken into thick slices and arrange in a shallow bowl
- Strain the leftover stock into a bowl and mix with the soy sauce and sesame oil
- Spoon this over the chicken and sprinkle with finely sliced spring onions to serve
- Serve separately with the noodles on the side
Or do what we did after we took the photo – poured the chicken onto the noodles and enjoyed every mouthful!
Bon Appetit 🙂